Keeping Your Heart Healthy
When you experience a disease or disorder of the heart, you want to be treated by a healthcare team with proven expertise. At Southwest Healthcare you’ll find specialists dedicated to keeping your heart healthy through early detection and treatment.
- 1 of 2
Find a Physician
If you need a referral to a physician at Southwest Healthcare, call our free physician referral service at 800-879-1020 or search for a doctor online.
Awards and Accreditations
- Corona Regional Medical Center is approved and licensed as a percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) facility by the California Department of Health for specialized cardiac care.
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center has been named a 2022-2023 High Performing hospital for heart failure by U.S. News & World Report.
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center is STEMI certified by the American Heart Association®. It is one of only 33 STEMI Receiving Centers in Los Angeles County. STEMI stands for ST-elevation myocardial infarction, the technical term for a heart attack.
- Temecula Valley Hospital has been named a 2022-2023 High Performing hospital for heart failure and heart attack by U.S. News & World Report.
- Temecula Valley Hospital is among the top 10% in the nation for cardiac surgery and a recipient of the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ according to Healthgrades.
A Full Spectrum of Cardiac Care: Diagnosis and Treatment
Effective diagnosis, management and treatment of heart disease is vitally important. Southwest Healthcare offers a comprehensive program of cardiovascular care that includes noninvasive testing, diagnostic cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology. This includes:
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention to rapidly intervene and treat patients experiencing a heart attack.
- Electrophysiology Studies Lab/Catheterization Lab to perform certain procedures to measure the strength and wellness of your heart.
- Ablation with 3D Mapping to try and correct an irregular heartbeat using radiofrequency energy delivered by a catheter.
- Cardiac Catheterization to reduce stenosis and improve blood flow.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Services for patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery including coronary artery bypass surgery and valve repairs and replacements.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) for patients with severe aortic stenosis.
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) for patients with a blockage in the carotid artery (carotid stenosis).
Cardiovascular Diseases and Disorders
We provide care for a wide range of diseases and disorders of the heart, including:
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Carotid stenosis
- Coronary artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve conditions
- High blood pressure
- Peripheral artery disease
- Pulmonary embolism